One important thing we might forget about in our everyday life is to know how to be grateful. There are so many things happening to us and around us every day that we can feel overwhelmed. For sure in a year there many more events which are slowly changing our life and are transforming us.
The best way to end any period of time is to be grateful for the things that happened to you. Looking back and reminding yourself of all the good things and the accomplishments will set you up for being positive and optimistic about everything that is yet to come.
The act of being grateful reminds us how to appreciate the good in our lives. It shows us how to shape our way of thinking to welcome more good things. Sometimes we tend to spiral down the negative thoughts by focusing only on the bad things that are happening. But if we stop for a bit and we shift our focus on everything that is good in our life, we can completely change our perspective on life.
Being grateful helps us attract more good things in our life. It reduces stress and it can really improve the image we have about our own person, life and environment. It can help us see all these in much brighter colors and filled with positive vibes.
Now it is the best time to start being grateful. You can start by being grateful for things that happened this past year. By starting with this you can then create a daily or weekly habit. You will always be able to find things to be grateful for in your life, you just need to train the way you think into seeing all those things that we tend to take for granted.
If you are still a bit confused about what can you be grateful for, just start thinking about the smallest things around you. Everything that happening and that surrounds you is contributing to your wellbeing in one way or another.
You can find below a list of reasons to be grateful for. Get inspired from all these reasons and your mind will learn what to look for. You will learn how to see the good and the positive things all around. If you will practice this regularly, you will see how your mood will slowly increase. You will become a happier person day by day if you just use this simple practice: Gratitude.
50 Reasons to be grateful for this year
- The air you are breathing
- Find something you see that makes you happy
- Your body
- The roof over your head
- Your inner child
- You have access to clean water
- The sky above
- You have access to internet
- Mistakes that taught you how to be a better person
- The gift of reading
- You have access to knowledge
- The fact that you are alive and present in this moment right now
- The blood that runs through your veins
- Appreciate your health and fight for improving it
- The authors of your favorite books
- Something that made you smile today
- Your relatives
- Having the option to take decisions and choose your path in life
- Tea in all the various flavors that it comes in
- Buddha and all the shared wisdom
- Your alarm clock 🙂 or just the alarm on your phone
- Your bed for allowing you to rest
- The sunrise
- Your friends
- You can nourish your body with food
- Learning to appreciate the small things (learn more here)
- Your dreams
- The last book you read
- Your computer/phone
- Solar power
- Your favorite food
- The persons you love
- Birds singing
- The sunset
- Giving someone good news
- Taking a long bath
- Your morning shower
- Hand warmers on a cold day
- A face mask
- For making time for yourself
- Your favorite season
- The hugs you offer and receive
- Just being able to smile
- That person who can make you forget for a moment that you had a bad day
- Your favorite movie
- Listening to your favorite music
- How far you got
- All your small successes that brought you where you are now
- Having a great smile
Being grateful will slowly transform you into a happier person. Another way to help you achieve that is to learn how to notice the small things around you. By noticing small events that are happening around, you will bring your attention to the present moment and you learn how to enjoy them and how the small things can make you happy. You can read more about this in my post 17 small things that make you happy.