Golden milk is known to be a strong anti-inflammatory drink thanks to its main ingredient: turmeric. It looks delicious and it is indeed because of all the great ingredients contained. Each ingredient makes it a powerful and natural way of fighting inflammations.
There are different ways to prepare the golden milk and today I will present you the easiest recipe I know. Many recipes need to prepare before a turmeric paste, which can be stored in the fridge for 2 weeks. I used to do this but I forgot many times about it and I was just wasting my turmeric.
That is when I decided to look for an alternative because I didn’t know when I will want or need to make another golden milk. So I did find another way to make it and I will present it here.
My recipe will just make enough to enjoy it one time and to not worry about storing the turmeric paste.
Golden Milk Recipe
- 1 glass of whole milk (you can use any type of milk you prefer. The cow milk is preferred due to its fat content)
- 1 teaspoon full of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of pepper
- A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Some vanilla bean (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
Pin me for later!
How to prepare:
- Pour the milk in a pan and put it on the stove. Be careful to not raise the temperature too high. We don’t want to boil the milk and we don’t want to see any bubbles during the entire process.
- Add all the dry ingredients presented above (all except the honey and the coconut oil)
- Start stirring while the milk is warming up . Bring it up to the temperature under the boiling point. If it starts boiling, all the goodness contained in the turmeric it will be affected.
- After this point continue stirring for 6-7 minutes.
- Take the pan off the stove and let it cool for a bit.
- Add the honey and the coconut oil and stir again
- Pour it in a mug and it is ready to be served! I recommend using a strainer when you pour it, so you can enjoy a clean golden milk.
You can replace the turmeric powder with freshly grated turmeric root. This will bring it more flavour.
Adding a pinch of pepper, together with the coconut oil, will enhance the properties of turmeric and your body will be able to absorb better its nutrients.
You can now enjoy your golden milk and its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. This drink can be included in your daily routine, especially during the cold season.
I like to make this golden milk whenever I have some pain or when I feel like my immunity needs a boost. It is also a great treat when you have a cold. This yellow tasty drink will help you get back to feeling great in a very short time.