Golden milk is known to be a strong anti-inflammatory drink thanks to its main ingredient: turmeric. It looks delicious and it is indeed because of all the great ingredients contained.
There are different ways to prepare the golden milk and today I will present you the easiest recipe I know. Many recipes need to prepare before a turmeric paste, which can be stored in the fridge for 2 weeks. I used to do this but I forgot many times about it and I was just wasting my turmeric.
Golden Milk Recipe
- 1 glass of whole milk (you can use any type of milk you prefer. The cow milk is preferred due to its fat content)
- 1 teaspoon full of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of pepper
- A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Some vanilla bean (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
How to prepare:
- Pour the milk in a pan and put it on the stove. Be careful to not raise the temperature too high. We don’t want to boil the milk and we don’t want to see any bubbles during the entire process.
- Add all the dry ingredients presented above (all except the honey and the coconut oil)
- Start stirring while the milk is warming up . Bring it up to the temperature under the boiling point. If it starts boiling, all the goodness contained in the turmeric it will be affected.
- After this point continue stirring for 6-7 minutes.
- Take the pan off the stove and let it cool for a bit.
- Add the honey and the coconut oil and stir again
- Pour it in a mug and it is ready to be served! I recommend using a strainer when you pour it, so you can enjoy a clean golden milk.
You can now enjoy your golden milk and its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. This drink can be included in your daily routine, especially during the cold season.
*This post may have been shared at some of the following link-ups:Linkies