“Tea-spiration” is a book full of love for tea and it is intended, as the subtitle says, to share “Inspirational words for tea lovers”. I bought this book a while ago and I wanted to make a book review for it for so long so here it is.
If you want to step into the mind of a true tea lover or if you want to understand tea better, this is the perfect book for you. If you are already a tea lover then this little lovely way of showing you a side of tea you might not have thought about before. This book will make a great companion for your tea sipping ritual.
“Tea-spiration” is written by LuAnn Pannunzio, who describes herself as a “tea enthusiast and writer, always seeking new ways to incorporate tea into my life” . She is the author of The Cup of Life tea blog, which can be found here: http://theteacupoflife.com
I enjoyed reading her blog posts before this book and I knew that LuAnn is a delicate person with a beautiful soul. Tea-spiration definitely confirmed my hunch.
While reading the entire book, I felt like a wise good friend was sharing with me her thoughts and passion for tea. I found it truly inspiring and it made me deepen my love for tea, although I did not know that was possible.
So I guess this little book reached its goal because as I said, it did inspire me and I will keep it around, for when I need a bit of refill for my imagination and creativity.
This lovely tea book is so beautifully written, that I was falling in love with tea more and more with every word I was reading. I think each page just emanates pure kindness of a true tea-lover’s soul.
When you first hold the book in your hands, you can already feel the good vibes it emanates. The warm colors on the cover and of course a cup of tea, anticipates the atmosphere you will enter once you start reading it.
I highlighted some of the passages that I liked. Now I can easily retrieve them whenever I just want to read some beautiful words.
Reading Tea-spiration has put a smile on my face with every chapter. It just felt like I was wrapped in warm lovely feelings while reading every page. LuAnn’s words are kind and you can truly see through them the entire world of a tea-lover. It is like you are looking through the curtains of a theater and you see what is truly happening backstage. It’s like you are peeking inside the mind of the actors.
While enjoying this book, I made notes on almost every page. I learned how to appreciate more this great drink called tea. After reading it, I already see myself this autumn, wrapped in a warm blanket and enjoying my tea while reading this book.
Tea-Spiration Favourite Quotes
Here are some of my favourite quotes from the book:
1. “It is my home, my ritual, my relief, and my meditation. My daily tea rituals keep me grounded”
2. “[…] a book that touches on the little moments with tea that are easily missed and underappreciated. This book exists to change the way people see, think and drink tea.”
3. “Scents are so closely linked to memory that the feelings your tea will bring will be entirely unique to you.”
4. “I followed the “right” ways to make and drink my tea. That is when I found myself disliking it little by little. By following others’ rules, I was no longer making my tea.”
5. “All tea leaves provide the perfect opportunity to focus on them dancing in the water, expanding and extracting full flavor, color, aroma. “
6. “Always remember those who work behind the scenes for your tea. If it were not for them, what would you be drinking in this moment?”
7. “Allow the steam to soothe your nerves and wash worries away, to open the door for new opportunities to come like that first sip of tea.”
8. “It is all a similar feeling of bliss or awe in the beauty and flavor of tea when it first hits your palate. Taking the first sip of a tea can release a rush of emotions, especially if the tea is exceedingly good.”
9. “Tea can be a connector that puts your life back together when you feel like it is slowly falling apart.”
10. “Think outside the cup!”
I have many things to take with me from Tea-spiration to keep me company during my tea journey. I could say that the main things is the idea of making a note of the first impression when trying a new tea. Writing down your first thought about enjoying the first sip could be like a tea journal. I think it is a great idea and you could go back to it and remember how you felt while enjoying various teas for the first time.
I will keep this book close and I will read from it whenever I have time to enjoy it next to my tea-cup. Thank you sharing your beautiful thoughts with us through your book!